It’s time to accept that YOU are the one to create the life you say want, to make room for the peace you crave and the joy you long for.
It’s time for you to confidently face the stories you tell yourself about why things are the way they are for you. You are the owner of a beautiful and brave heart.
I created BRAVE for myself and every mother who feels called to take responsibility for her happiness. BRAVE is an intimate, 12-week, online coaching program designed for mothers just like you. Mothers who have given so much of themselves they now feel empty; mothers who have realised that they don’t seek support as easily or as often as they thought they would; mothers who feel the call of their soul as it asks them to allow self-love and acceptance into their lives.
If you’re at a stage of your life where you no longer know who you are anymore, then this is for you.
BRAVE is for mothers who are tired of their own bullshit. There is a whisper inside of them that reminds them they are worthy of MORE – more support, more clarity, more confidence, more fun, more time, more love and communication in their relationship. MORE.
I’m weary of seeing so many mothers squeeze themselves into a life that no longer fits them. The woman you were before becoming a mother is gone. This version of you who exists today needs time and space to figure who she is, what she likes and what kind of future she wants to create for herself.
I created BRAVE because my life had changed in so many unexpected ways when my first child was born. When I became a mother, I felt as if my whole identity was fading away and I didn’t know what to do about it.
Does that sound familiar?
This is why BRAVE was born
I was looking around at my life and although I was SO grateful, I still felt there was something missing. Yes, I was exhausted. Yes, I was overwhelmed but I knew that it went deeper than that.
My relationship had changed, my confidence in making decisions had seemed to disappear, I was being eaten alive by guilt and I felt like my whole life was now being consumed by motherhood.
Prior to my son arriving, I had spent 33 years getting to know and love the version of me that existed, I knew her inside out. When I look back, I can see clearly what I couldn’t see at the time – the price I paid for entry into motherhood.
As time went by and my son turned from a baby into a toddler, the gnawing feeling of something being missing, that something just wasn’t quite right, continued. The more confident I became about the challenges I faced in my motherhood, the more conversations I started to have with other mums about their experiences.
I couldn’t find anything locally or online that would hold space for me as a woman AND a mother to explore and honour this version of myself that was emerging. No one seemed to be really talking about the impact motherhood had on their expectations of themselves, their relationships, their hopes and dreams for the their future.
There was a huge gap between the expectation of motherhood and the reality of it and I found myself caught in this gap, feeling guilty because I could see this so clearly and yet didn’t have the words to describe how I was feeling.
I knew that I wasn’t alone in how I was feeling but in order to speak openly about what was going on in my life, I had to tackle my own feelings of guilt, shame, inadequacy, resentment, grief and loneliness. I had to delve into the shadows of my life and explore them, get curious about what and why I was holding back parts of myself. I had to learn to speak what I knew to be true for me.
I experienced such life-changing results when I started to speak honestly that I knew I wanted to help other mothers experience the same. Being able to talk about your version of motherhood without feeling like a ‘bad mum’ is incredibly powerful. There is freedom in acknowledging to yourself (and the world) that you want more, that you are entitled to more.
Going through my own challenges and facing my own fears is what led me to create this very programme you’re reading about. I have gone through every step of this programme. I know exactly when the resistance to accept your reality kicks in, I know when it all feels like it’s too much and I know the beautiful point at which awareness dawns that taking responsibility for your life is nothing to be feared, it is to be celebrated. I’ve spent the last few years refining and adding to this program so that I can continue to support as many mums as possible as they rediscover what it is they want AND how to get it.
BRAVE is life-changing
You’re not alone in how you feel. But you alone ARE responsible for doing something about it. The decision to change your current situation, to face how you’re feeling, must come from you. That doesn’t mean I think the decision is easy, of course it’s not. It takes great courage to step out of the shadows and begin reclaiming the parts of yourself you have hidden.
We could talk all day on the subject of mothers feeling lost and overwhelmed but unless we take action, we’ll be having the same conversation tomorrow and I refuse to do that because I have seen what is possible when a mother decides to take responsibility for her life. Women who have walked BRAVE with me have learnt the power and beauty of saying no; they rediscovered joy because they began to prioritise themselves again; intimacy was reignited in their relationship again because we dealt with the simmering resentment. All of this and more is possible for you too.
“By far the biggest impact of taking part in BRAVE was understanding the power that was in the stories I was telling myself. Challenging these beliefs and pulling apart these safe, ‘old’ stories had an immediate impact on how I saw myself and my life. I realised my patterns of self-sabotage. Communication in my relationship improved overnight. I started asking for what I needed and I stopped trying to please everyone”
That feeling you have inside of you, the knowing that something isn’t quite right, is trying to wake you up, it’s trying to get your attention. Think of it as your soul nudging you in the hope that you will finally listen.
Rather than avoid or try to bury your feelings (again), perhaps it’s time to invite them into your life so that you can do something about them from a place of love rather than judgment. Pretending you are fine is exhausting, no wonder you are tired, mama.
I know first-hand what needs to be done so that you can face and explore these thoughts and feelings you’re having. I’ve been where you are, so has every mother who has ever taken part in BRAVE.
So let’s talk about how we get you from where you are to where you want to be. There’s quite a few things that we work through in order for that to happen.
Over the course of our 12 weeks together, we’ll delve deeply into the following themes:
– Values. What they are and why they’re so important. We spend a lot of time judging other people based on what we think they SHOULD do without even realising it. We also spend a a lot of our own time living according to what other people think we SHOULD do and this leads to resentment. In BRAVE, I’ll help you identify your own unique values and how they influence every decision, opinion and relationship you have.
– Mindset. We’ll dive into what mindset is and how it impacts the way you show up in your life. If you want things to be different, you have to BE and DO different. So many of us don’t even realise that we have the potential to change how we think and act, we get sucked into believing that things just are the way they are. I’ll teach you that this is not actually the case. You are more in control than you think you are.
– Self-Service. We’ll explore who is actually responsible for your happiness and what happens to the dynamics in your relationships when you expect other people to sort your shit out for you. It’s easy to fall into the habit of thinking that it’s up to your partner/friends/family to make you happy, to make things easier for you, to see things the same way you do. You will learn how to take responsibility for your life in such a way that will leave you feeling empowered and excited for the future.
– The ‘Dark’ Mother. We’ll explore the fantasy side of motherhood and dissolve the illusions you have around the type of mother you ‘should’ be. Without even realising it, we’ve all been conditioned in our own unique ways as to what motherhood should be like, what we should be like as mothers, what our wants and needs ‘should’ be when we become mums. Identifying and challenging these fantasies frees up your mind so you can see the beauty and perfection that exists in your life NOW.
– Story Telling. We’ll identify and own the stories that you run in order to justify/defend why things are the way they are in your life. You’ll decide if your stories are actually serving you or not. This is a big one. Who would you be without the stories you tell? Our stories can define us if we let them. They can act as an anchor that keeps us chained to an identity that no longer serves us OR they can serve as the wind that propels us forward in life with wisdom and gratitude for what we learned from the experience.
– Your ‘One Thing’. When was the last time you REALLY thought about something you wanted to achieve or accomplish in the future? When was the last time you actually broke your dream down into something that seemed manageable? During this week, you’ll identify the one thing you’d love to be, do or have in the future that you haven’t been able to achieve on your own. We’ll link it to your values in order to greatly increase your chances of success and we’ll be breaking it down into tangible action steps so that nothing will get in your way.
– Recharging Relationships. With the knowledge you’ll have gained about values, you’ll be looking at your closest relationships differently. Everyone wants to be loved for who they are, not for who someone else thinks they should be. You’ll learn how to see the ways in which others demonstrate their love and support through their own set of unique values, it might not look the way you originally thought it would but that doesn’t mean it’s any less.
I would like to be very clear here, BRAVE isn’t for everyone. Even the women who have taken part tell me this in their feedback and this brings me joy. BRAVE requires you to challenge yourself. It requires you to open up to the power of your beautiful vulnerability and sit with your discomfort rather than rush past it.
In my experience, some people believe they want change but in actual fact they are looking for someone to give them an answer, to tell them what they should do or even just to listen to them talking about why things are the way they are. That’s not what I offer.
In order for me to help you get the results I KNOW are possible, I need you to go all-in with me.
BRAVE is an experience, it requires stepping into the unknown and being open to vulnerability even when you might not want to be, showing up wholeheartedly, and trusting yourself enough to know that your truth is safe with me.
BRAVE is designed to uncover and clear out what’s not serving you. It serves as an invitation for you to experience the freedom that comes with taking full responsibility for your life and has been built so that you get to rediscover and rejoice in who you are now.
“Doing the BRAVE programme, challenging and learning about myself has to have been one of the toughest and also the most rewarding and beneficial things I have done for myself. Understanding and getting to know yourself is liberating and contagious in a way that you want to keep digging into yourself and questioning why I did a certain thing and thought certain ways. BRAVE has helped me shift a lot of blockages in my life and thoughts and also to appreciate that I am the only one that can make me happy”
I’ll be there beside you to guide, support, and challenge you. Every step of the way.
How BRAVE works
The next round of BRAVE will begin on Wednesday, 02nd of February and will run for 12 weeks.
We meet online every Wednesday night at 8:30 pm. You will come to see that the space we co-create online becomes a beautiful sanctuary, one that you will look forward to entering every week.
During our calls, we explore and discuss any and all questions, reflections, or A-HA moments that came up for you whilst doing the work. New content is emailed out the morning after our call and that allows 1 week to go through the material in preparation for our call on Wednesday night.
We also have a private Facebook group where you can connect with and support the other mums taking part. I’ll be in and out of the Facebook group on a daily basis, offering coaching and guidance as we go along. The Facebook group is a place that offers you the opportunity to really tease out your thoughts.
Based on feedback from previous rounds, there are some ‘Reflection and Integration’ weeks built into the program. This basically means that there is no new content delivered these weeks in order to make sure everyone is up to speed and feels confident about what they’ve been learning (we still meet online for coaching during these weeks).
Each call runs for approx 1.5 -2 hours and there is no hiding. We all show up and commit to our own transformations whilst having the privilege of seeing others do the same. The magic of a group of women coming together with a shared purpose cannot be underestimated, it truly is a beautiful and powerful thing.
The EARLY BIRD investment for BRAVE is €700 (it will go up to €800). This can be paid in full or spread out over a payment plan.
As this is a deeply intimate programme, I like to keep the group size small. Spaces are limited and I would encourage you to reach out sooner rather than later if you are feeling called to do this work with me.
If you are excited about what you’ve just read and you have a thought or feeling that BRAVE might be for you, click on the button below. This will take you to my contact page where you can leave your details (mention BRAVE in the message). Keep an eye out for an email from me and we can arrange a time to talk.
Are you ready to be BRAVE (even though you might feel scared) and experience results like these?
“After BRAVE, I feel content, I feel realistic, I know I am happy. I am learning my triggers and what I can do to nip some of them in bud before it gets to breaking point. I am learning to forgive myself for not being my fantasy of a perfect mother”
“By far the biggest impact of BRAVE was understanding the power that was in the stories I was telling myself. Challenging these beliefs and pulling apart these safe ‘old’ stories had an immediate impact on how I saw myself and my life. I started asking for what I needed and I stopped trying to please everyone”